Monday, July 15, 2013

Birthday toes!

Birthdays are fun. Some people may think I make too big of a deal out of them, but each new year is worth celebrating! It doesn't matter if you're turning 1 or 31, let's party! Luckily, I have the sweetest friends who join in on the fun, and today was birthday pedicure day! Oh, man. I knew we'd laugh a lot. I had no clue it'd be that much! 

Four of us met at the church and carpooled together and met another friend at the nail shop (what do you call those things? Salons?). 

I can't take a group picture with the camera turned around and look at the camera. Impossible.

We all filed into our seats, turned on the massagers, and tried to relax. Well, I think everyone else wanted to relax, but I can't just sit there and not talk. I had to know the guy's name, and there was nervous laughter and chatter galore. 


This is called "Cari can't handle the massager and it's hurting her spine, but she refuses to turn it off so she just winces and laughs because she's supposed to be relaxing". Ha!

And this, my friends, is Lee. What a hoot! When he came bee-bopping over to me I knew it was going to be a good day. He was such a poser and wanted to see every pic I took of him. So fun! 

See my nasty big toe? It ripped a few days ago and was all jagged and nasty. I confessed immediately to Lee and that's when he told me to relax, he'd be a miracle worker. 

Miracle worker, he was. He pulled all kinds of goodies out and got my toes whipped right into shape!

This is when I told the girls of a time I had fake nails put on my toes for a wedding and the pinky toe was so long it hit the ground when I walked and I sounded like a dog walking across tile so I made them shorten it. Seriously. It was weird.  

Someone was a little ticklish! Lol!

So I have bad feet, ok? And sometimes a cheese grater is necessary.


I had picked out a color, but it apparently didn't make the Lee cut. He decided I needed to just trust him and let him perform his miracle. And I never get a pedicure (obviously or I wouldn't need the cheese grater!) so I figured I'd just go along for the ride.

He kept pulling things out. Acrylic paints, rhinestones, and a fan!


My sweet friends wanted to pamper me with the fan too, but then Lee ditched my feet for them. He was a little clingy! 


Oh her face!! Y'all, he attacked her. He wouldn't quit hugging her. And, bless her, she just went along with him. But look at her face. Nervous laugh like no other! Lol!

I think this is right before he grabbed my ankle for the millionth and I had had enough, thew my head back and said "Let go of my tendon!!!!!!!". I can't stand for my tendon to be touched and it had endured enough touching for a lifetime! 

He finally finished up and I left with a french pedicure and a hibiscus on each big toe. With a rhinestone. 

Why is he coddling my foot?!

Thumbs up! Lee approves of his handiwork! Miracle Man, I tell ya! 


I had a great time, girls. Thanks for putting up with my nervous laughter and chatter. Y'all know how to make a birthday girl feel special!


No comments:

Post a Comment