Friday, June 29, 2012

Whirlwind: Part 2

Let's continue the whirlwind.....

Moving back home!

We were all excited as we pulled out of the apartment complex. Mom and Dad had mixed emotions, of course. It's always hard to say goodbye to people you've invested your lives into for nearly a year. But all of that faded as we hit I-40 and headed home! My brother and his family were at mom and dad's waiting on us as the caravan pulled up and then everyone got busy doing something! Boys unloading, girls directing & cleaning, little kids running the three acres and swimming! It was a family affair!

Brady and BJ were lifesavers! They're so old...and so STRONG!




Ben and his boys. This UHaul was crammed full! They had it unloaded in about an hour! Crazy! Not too long after this picture was taken BJ was goofing off in the Uhaul. Brady, being the oldest brother, shut him in. Ben and Brady then proceeded to drive down the country road taking BJ for a joyride in an empty, pitch black Uhaul. When we opened the door BJ had perched himself on the ledge a the back pretending the ride was a piece of cake. But we heard the thuds that proved otherwise! ;) Hilarious!

There's no place like home.... Ranch House!


Ever since the boys were little I would "wrestle" with them. I'd try to take them down and I'd succeed. But as they have gotten older that has turned into whether I can still scoop them up or not. Well... I don't even try with Brady anymore and BJ is officially taller than me and he is solid as a rock. He had to jump just a little, but I still scooped him right up! A few times, even, because we had to get the cameras out! :)

Siblings :)

I love getting together with all of the family. It doesn't happen near enough!

Ezra!

An added surprise to my trip in was a text from Whitney. She told me she was across the street at her in-laws. Ahhh! I had to go see her and meet her newest bundle of joy!!

Ezra!

What a cuddle bug!!!

Our "family pic". While we were waiting for the pic to be taken Whitney said she felt like we were taking a family picture. And then I felt like the man because I was behind her and had my hand on her shoulder. It was just weird and! But it was so good to laugh in person with her!! Ezra wasn't phased by our outbursts!

(Sorry these pics are awful quality. I don't know what the deal was!)

Back to AR!

My stay in OK was very short-lived. We pulled in Thursday evening and I was leaving by Saturday afternoon to go back to Arkansas. Whew! I was keeping my tires HOT! Before I left I had a few things I needed to do. First, I had to prep some chicken for Father's Day. I had invited Ben and his family over to mom and dad's for a family favorite meal...muesnter chicken. I knew once I got back from camp I would be wiped out so I wanted to do the hardest part before I left. So I took a risk, made the chicken, and then froze it. Fingers were crossed hoping it would work! Then it was off to see my Grandma Faye!

Grandma wanted Del Rancho and I had no complaints! Mmm...chicken fried steak sandwich! The best!

Grandma needed groceries, so off to WalMart we went! Look how cute Dad and G-ma are. They matched!

I said my goodbyes to everyone in the WalMart parking lot and then I was on my own to my next destination... Arkansas!

Cabot!

I just had a day in Cabot and was so fortunate to be able to squeeze in a church service at Mt. Carmel. Those people mean the world to me and it was so good to hug everyone's necks. I get teary just thinking about the relationships built through that church. There really are no words. 

I taught Sunday School before I left and these sweet girls are a few of my "firstborns". They were my first group of girls and I love them dearly!! They're about to enter their second year of college and my heart is full of love for each of them....Hilary is the sweetest thing ever and will make a fabulous teacher. Jenni Anne makes me laugh and her creativity will make her a fantastic designer. Jill has such a heart for the Word and missions. God is going to use her in mighty ways. Sarah owns whatever stage she is on and I can't wait to see her on the big screen or Broadway. She's promised me a shout-out when she receives her Oscar and Tony!

And it wouldn't be a trip to Cabot without a Tastee-Freeze twist! 

I only had one day in Cabot, but it was enough to remind me what a blessing our five years there were. In the beginning I may have questioned why we moved there, but now I can't imagine my life without that sweet little town and all the people who make it so special!

This wraps up part 2! Next up will be one of the main reasons I drove in.... Falls Creek!

1 comment: