Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Apartment living

Coming from a 2400 square foot, two story rent house to a 900 square foot apartment has been, well, an adjustment. We knew it would be, and luckily, it's only temporary and our time here is almost done. We really are very thankful for this three bedroom, two bath tiny abode. It was available exactly when we needed it, it is on the side of town for the girls' middle school (our town is divided into north and south for middle school and junior high), and it has easy access to the interstate for B's commute. The neighbors are friendly, the pool was refreshing during the heat, and Sonic is right next door. There really isn't that much to complain about. ;)

For our memory, I took a few pics from my phone when we first moved in. 

Kitchen/dining combo. Luckily our breakfast table from the old house is the perfect height. 

Living room. It fits our couch and loveseat perfectly. 

Baylee's room. I think she's honestly going to miss her room. She can lay in her bed at night and see directly into our room. Haha! 

Caylee's room. You should see it now. It's a mess, as usual, on one half and the other half has stables, fences, and horses set up. Classic Cay.


I think this was our first dinner at the table as a family of four. Mom was with us a few days and then B was traveling. If it wasn't the first, it was close. Mmmm.... A greasy burger. I'd love one of those right now. ;)

And no matter what size house we have, we always have room for Grammy. :)

Best thing about the apartment? The air conditioner. That thing gets COLD! I've used a throw every day since we moved in. And if you sit on the loveseat you can feel the air from the vent, plus the ceiling fan is always going. It's delightful.

Worst moment since living in the apartment? It was night two of being here and Brandon had already left to begin his traveling. It was just me, mom and the girls. Oh and Molly. We were headed out for an evening swim and somehow Molly escaped. For over two hours. It was embarrassing. She was barking like a maniac, chasing everything in sight, and would NOT come back to us. Usually she goes right back to B, but he was gone. Cay and I stayed inside - Cay was in tears, I was a nervous, anxious wreck just knowing the neighbors hated us already. Bay and mom were patient with Molly and Baylee eventually got her. From that moment Molly has had to revert back to being a crate dog. And I don't care one bit. She deserves it after that nightmare. 

So there we have it. It's a quaint little place and we are very grateful for it. But I have to be honest. I'm dreaming of the day our house is finished. Just a couple more weeks. I think I can, I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment