Monday, October 29, 2012

Welcome home!

We have been in our new home for almost two weeks and we are slowly saying goodbye to all the boxes. Goodness, moving is a PROCESS! I managed to snap a few pics of our humble abode before we moved in. Before we tour the house I have to share how we found it. It's a pretty cool story, if I do say so myself. 

We pulled into our little town on August 18. The next day after church and lunch with friends we were just driving around getting ourselves familiar with the area again. We knew the area of town we wanted to live in and had a particular interest in this neighborhood. B had found a house online that looked nice so we stopped by. It was empty so we all got out and walked around peeking in the windows. The girls and I were loading back up in the van when a guy stopped and talked to B & asked him if we were looking for a house. Bran told him we were and he said, "Hi, I'm CJ and I have a couple houses down the street". B immediately knew who this guy was. He said "CJ, I'm BB and you built our last house". You see the builder of our first house here in Arkansas was CJ. B had tried to contact him when we found out we were moving back, but the number no longer worked. He just "so happened" to drive by as we were looking in the neighborhood. Coincidence? No. God thing. He took us down the street and we immediately knew that house was ours. We had spent a year looking at houses and knew what we wanted. Does this house have it all? Of course not. But it has what we need. It's exactly the size we were looking for (2200 square feet) and in our ideal price range. Perfect! It still had a couple months before it was completed so we were able to pick out colors and make it our own. Stressful, but fun. Two days after we pulled into town we signed a contract on our house. Total God thing. This house is so eerily similar to our first house here in Arkansas. From all the molding and detail CJ puts in his homes, to the split floor plan...it makes me laugh. 

Ok. Enough of all that. Let's take a tour, shall we! :)


Front


Back

Front stoop. B picked out the hanging light. Love it!

Stepping inside the front door.

Most people would probably begin a home tour by using the front door. Not me! Let's use the door we use all the time and start there - the garage door! ;)

That's better. This is our "mudroom". We enter the door and throw all our junk on the bench. It's a nice catch all area. 

To the right of the garage door is the laundry room. When mom was here we called it her "play room". Ha! She a laundry queen! I want to be like her when I grow up. ;)

Standing in the mudroom. This is the master bedroom. We have a split floor plan which I love!

Master bath. Yes, a shower door. Those who know me know I HATE shower doors. But B loves them. And, well, he pays the bills. ;)

Vanity. Oh, and that door knob you can barely see is the toilet area with a nice size linen closet.

Master walk-in closet with built in dresser. This is a horrible picture, but how do you really take a pic of a closet? ;)

Ok. Now we have the kitchen. I love these cabinets! The dark wood makes me smile. See the mudroom? Just trying to give y'all a visual of the flow of the house. The other doorframe leads into the dining room. 

This is where I spend a lot of my time. Not too shabby. :)

One of my favorite parts of the kitchen... the pullout spice cabinets. Just a fun little touch. 

The dining room. It's a pretty large room. We are able to the leaf in our table and have room for a hutch whenever I find one.

The living room front the front door. The dining room is also to the right. 

The fireplace. Love. The. Stone. The mantle intimidates me, decorating wise. And I think eventually we will mount a tv there, which kind of bugs me too. Fireplaces are stressful. ;)

View of the living room, breakfast area, and kitchen from the hall leading to the other three bedrooms. I love the openness of the living area. 



Hallway, standing in Caylee's doorway at the back of the house. The doorframe on the left leads to the living area. First door on the right is the bathroom, second door on the right is Baylee's room, and the room straight down the hall is the guest bedroom. 

Caylee's room. I'm a horrible photographer. Ha!

The girls each have a nice walk-in closet. Again, how do you photograph a closet?!

Girls bathroom


Well look who we have here! Baylee lounging in her room!

Guest bedroom at the front of the house.

Guest closet. Not a walk-in, but still good size and nice storage.

And there we have it! Home sweet home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment