Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Whilrwind: Part 3

Falls Creek!

A month ago today I began part three of my whirlwind trip. It was time for Falls Creek! Back in December when we had gone to Arkansas/Oklahoma for Christmas, I met up for lunch with some of the girls I had taught in Sunday School. While we were catching up and laughing, they asked me if I would come back in the summer to go to church camp with them. And they didn't have to ask twice! I love church camp and I adore these sweet girls. We all got on our phones and bombarded the youth pastor with texts and calls and once I had the okay to join them, there was no looking back! Oh, what a sweet week we had encountering God and creating precious memories.

Since I had to be all over the place in just a short amount of time, I drove to Falls Creek. These five girls were my road companions. We laughed, sang, played Hangman (hexametaphosphate!), ate lots of snacks, and enjoyed each other's company. 

Oh. My. What a mess. A lovely mess tho. :)

Hannah Mae scaled that high ropes ladder like was nothing! I have a 16 minute video to prove it, but can't figure out how to send it to anyone or upload it. Ha! Way to go, Hannah!!


RSM worship band!

Each student and adult worker had an envelope. Throughout the week everyone is encouraged to drop someone a note. It's an in-cabin mail delivery system. I know I'll treasure the sweet notes I received. 

I enjoyed every minute I had to love on my girls!





And I equally loved the time I had with the sponsors. Oh, what memories we created. Late a night/early morning memories. We had an ab workout from the time we got to camp until the time we departed. We laughed all week long. It makes me smile just to think about it. :)

We pretended we were teenagers all week long. Ha!


We went looking for Hilary, our fellow sponsor, when she went on an icee date. We never found her. I'm sure she's glad. Ha!
And when all the students were asleep, we would stay up talking. We were the ones being told to be quiet and go to bed. Ha! We finally figured it out on the last night and went and talked in the bathroom until 2am. Again, teenagers. ;)

But this is what it was all about, friends.


Worshipping Him because He is worthy.
Standing together in good times and bad.

Diving into His Word. Asking Him to show us "great and mighty things". Jeremiah 33:3

Relationships restored and a plea to always stand together. 

And as with all great things, it had to come to an end.

The last group picture with all of my girls. We had to be silly, because I was a basket case knowing it was time to say goodbye to them. I love this picture so very much.

Leaving camp. Look at my eyes. Tired. Puffy from crying. But totally worth it.

 My dear friend Laura took this picture. This is me saying goodbye to everyone. Tears were flowing, but oh how I loved each and every last hug. 

What a wonderful week we had! Can't wait to do it again! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment