Friday, July 13, 2012

Whirlwind: Part 4 (the end!)


I remember when I was in the youth group and we'd get home from church camp. I'd always crash for hours to catch up on the lack of sleep. It was wonderful. But now that I'm a "grown up", umm, that's just not possible. I said my goodbyes in Shawnee, drove straight to the grocery store to pick up Father's Day groceries, made a quick stop by my Grandma's, picked the girls up from my mother in law, and then hit mom and dad's house and put my cankles in the air for a minute before it was time to get busy again!

Happy 35th Anniversary Mom and Dad!

What a beautiful example of two people who love each other, have seen the highest of highs and the lowest of lows and stick together threw it all. 

Father's Day!

Lucky for me I was able to spend Father's Day and mom and dad's anniversary with them. We celebrated with Ben and his family and a delicious meal.


I was so glad to spend Father's Day with my dad. Goodness I love him. He's the best!

Gramps and his girlers.

The meal. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. Yes, it's a starch filled mess, but it's the most delicious starch filled mess you will ever know. Muesnter chicken, rice, corn, salad, homemade macaroni and cheese, and rolls. De.Lish. 


Barrett is obsessed with mac and cheese. It's all the kid eats. And it makes my heart soar when he tells me mine is the best! :) So because I'm a good aunt, I make it for him any chance I get. Just look at that face! 
And his empty bowl. Success! ;)

Dessert. Yum, yum, YUM! Angel food cake, strawberries, and some yummy white fluffy stuff.

While I loved being home for Father's Day and my parents anniversary, it was very sad to be celebrating without Brandon. Poor guy was home alone on Father's day. I promised him we'd recreate this meal though! :)

The iPhone took a swim...

My mom is the best. I come home from camp with a suitcase full of dirty clothes and she gets to work washing them. But not only my clothes, my bedding as well. While everyone was resting after lunch, mom scooped up my blanket and threw it in the washer. Well...my phone was in the blanket and it went for a swim. Oh goodness. It was sad. Mom felt awful and I was worried about all my Falls Creek pics. I could get another phone, but I couldn't replace the pictures. We tried the rice trick, and while the phone still functioned, there was clearly still a lot of water inside. You could see it. So I was phone less for over three days. You'd think the world had come to an end. ;)

Reunited with Bran!

After three long week, I was able to see Brandon again! He flew into Little Rock for a quick day of work and I met up with him so he could drive us back home. Little Rock was the last stop on my whirlwind trip before heading back east.

We made a pit stop by our Cabot house. Sweet, sweet memories in that house.


I love that house. 

Juanita's with the Russell's!

Fred and Cyndi are just the sweetest. They are also misplaced Okies and we had that Sooner connection in Razorback nation. We were able to eat at one of our favorite Little Rock restaurants and visit with some of our favorite people.



Hilary was one of my "firstborns" from Sunday school. Love. Her. So. Much.

Hahahahaha!!!! I wanted a group pic. We felt like we were posing at the prom or something. But I love this picture. :)

Heading home!

And we're off! Goodbye Arkansas, hello Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and finally South Carolina!

One of my SS girls introduced me to Golden Oreos at camp. My life will never be the same. 


We made sure to plan our tip home based on food. We hit Gus's in Memphis (no pic, though. Weird!) and The Varsity in Atlanta. Their chili cheese coneys are to die for. And I don't even like hot dogs. Ha!

Oh, but their peach pies. Good grief. Nothing like them.

HOME!

After a marathon day/night of driving we finally made it. 

And waiting for me inside was souvenirs from France. Fun!

So there we have it. The conclusion of my whilrwind trip. What a blessing it was. Yes, it was crazy. Yes, it flew by. Yes, I never stopped. And, yes, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 

Who's ready for a road trip? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment