Monday, March 11, 2013

Winter Jam 2013

A few weeks ago I had taken Baylee to a doctor's appointment in Little Rock. On the way home we passed by Verizon Arena and she saw TobyMac on the sign advertising Winter Jam. She was immediately excited and ready to go, so I knew this affordable, family friendly concert, featuring several of the top Christian artists would be perfect for us. And, boy, was I right!

After a morning of downpour rain, we were prepared to freeze and get soaked. We ran home quickly after church, threw on some comfy, warm clothes and I grabbed the ponchos. We were back at the church by 1 to lad the bus and, luckily, by the time we ate lunch and drove to Verizon, the rain let up and we stayed dry!!



Winter Jam doesn't require tickets. It's $10 at the door and a first come, first serve basis. So you know what that means? Get there early and wait outside with the rest of the central Arkansas! ;) We stood outside, packed like sardines, close to two hours and cheered when they opened the doors 20 minutes early. :)



I was amazed to see how quickly the place filled up! This was our view and I loved it!



Other than TobyMac, the girls were excited to see Jamie Grace. She was fabulous!!! 


We loved something from all of the performers. Red, a hard rock Christian band, was there and I'll be honest. It was a little bit out of my comfort zone. But that didn't stop me bobbing my head and keeping up with the beat. Bay leaned over during their performance and said "I wonder if God likes this kind music?". So right there, in the middle of a crazy loud arena, we had a little life lesson. I told her as long as their music was Biblically sound, I'm sure God didn't have a problem with it. I explained that this group could reach people that artists like Matthew West and NewSong couldn't reach, and vice versa. I hope she'll remember that in years to come and not be quick to judge when things aren't exactly what she's used to. Although, Bay has a bit of a rocker in it. I'm thinking maybe the life lesson could've been just as much for me as it was for her. :)

After intermission and a heart touching performance from Matthew West (side note: His song "Forgiveness" is based on a mother's choice to forgive the drunk driver who killed her daughter and guess what? She was there! Made the song even more real and meaningful), it was time for the headliner, the reason we were there....TobyMac!!

The first thing the girls did when we entered the arena was get a souvenir shirt. Love that neon! 


Brandon gave the girls his old phone, and although it doesn't make calls, it can take pictures & video. Happy girls, right here. :) In fact, at one point Cay said, "I am so happy right now! I'm shaking!". Haha!


If you look in between their heads in this next picture and zoom in, you'll see TobyMac. Love this pic!!


We had such a fun time and I'm glad we all got to experience our first Winter Jam together. I know one of these days the girls will probably want B and I to stay home. But until then, we have these memories to hold onto.



No comments:

Post a Comment