Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Reunited!

Every summer the girls spend some precious, quality time in Oklahoma with their grandparents. Usually B and I will see them sporadically throughout their time away, but since we are 20 hours from Oklahoma, this summer was a bit different. Once Bran left for France that was it until they returned. Once I left my whirlwind three week trip and headed back to SC with B, that was it for me. Two months for Brandon, one month for me without seeing our girls. It was very strange. And I know many parents gasp at the thought. But this is what works for the four of us. Do we miss each other like crazy? Absolutely! But the memories they create will last a lifetime. And B and I get some much needed time to reconnect. It's perfect for us. 

And the reunion is oh so sweet!

We met up with Brandon's mom and sister in Birmingham. The girls were eating breakfast at the hotel and when they saw us walking in the parking lot they ran out to greet us. :)

We wanted to do some back to school shopping with the girls in Atlanta and so we started at one of their favorite stores before we left Birmingham -- Bass Pro Shops! Ha! We thought they'd just enjoy looking around. Little did we know we'd actually find them a few tops, too! WooHoo!

A trip to Atlanta is not complete without The Varsity.

The first day of back to school shopping was quite successful. I mean, come on. The cutest, most perfect dress for the girls from H&M.

Dinner at The Cheesecake Factory before heading home. 

Red Velvet for B & Bay. Banana for Cay & me.



And back to reality. Ha!

We have an exciting couple of weeks ahead of us before school starts. I'm so glad to have my family back together under one roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment