Monday, February 23, 2015

W30:Day1

Well, friends, Day 1 of this Whole30 journey is officially in the books! It was kind of an unusual day for a few reasons...

1. Today is Brandon's 33rd birthday and I dropped him off at the airport at 8 o'clock this morning so he could fly to Paris, France for the week. Such a horrible way to spend a birthday week, huh? ;) 
2. We had another snow day today so the girls and I chilled at home. 
3. I'm learning how to navigate this cleaner way of eating.

So add all three of those things together and it was just an odd day. I had contact with B until this afternoon and since he left Atlanta I've just been stalking the FlightTrack app until he lands. Ha! Normal snow days consist of yummy comfort food. Last week we had cinnamon rolls one day and then homemade biscuits and gravy the next. Missing my boy and snow falling outside screams "Give me all the food in the world!". But there was none of that today! I stayed focused and as the day comes to the end I can say I am proud. 

I'll be honest, I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed. Part of me is focusing solely on these next 30 days. Can I stay committed? Will I see a change? But then my mind begins to wander...."Cari, it's going to take a lot longer than 30 days to reach your goals. How will you do this for the rest of your life?" I'm convinced this is more of a mind game than anything. I don't know how I will make a change for the rest of my life. My track record isn't very good. But I do know I have committed to these next 30 days. And I succeeded on the first day. I'll celebrate that and begin to focus on Day two. Day by day, that's all I can do. 

B should be landing in the next 30 minutes or so. I need him to be safe soon because I really want a snack! Not gonna ruin today's efforts though! But I really want some crunchy Cheetos! ;)

*****

This is my "Here we go!" before pic. I wanted to remember that moment. 

Breakfast
Two hard boiled eggs, 1/2 of an avocado, 1 slice of W30 compliant bacon, 
strawberries and blueberries

Lunch
Salad with lemon juice and olive oil, sautéed cherry tomatoes, 1 W30 compliant spicy chicken sausage link, sliced carrots, green grapes

Dinner
Half of a butterflied chicken breast, sautéed green beans with garlic, baked sweet potato with a smudge of ghee and cinnamon

How I'm feeling...
Mentally: A mixture of pride for succeeding today and extremely overwhelmed.
Physically: I feel good, have an empty feeling in my stomach after I eat. Maybe because my stomach is used to more? But good grief! Look at all the food I ate today! Sad to say I normally eat until I'm stuffed and hurting. 
Craving: A handful of crunchy cheetos or vanilla wafers. I guess I'm wanting a crunch tonight? 

(I plan on blogging each day with how I'm feeling and then pictures of what I ate for the day.)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for day 1 in the books! You can do this! Your meals look very yummy; especially those green beans! I love you!

    ReplyDelete