Saturday, February 28, 2015

W30:Day5

Another day is complete! And I still didn't want to "kill all the things"! ;) I did notice I was extra sensitive & emotional today, but that's not out of the norm for me. 

Two main points: 

1. B made it back safely from Paris! Hallelujah! International trips make me crazy anxious. I'm constantly needing to turn everything over to God. I'm just glad he's home. I have to say, though, starting Whole30 with him gone probably helped me. I didn't have to worry about making separate meals for everyone (the girls had two nights of church activities that fed them dinner so I didn't have to worry about those nights) & I could let me body adjust without taking things out on him, had I wanted to "kill all the things". I've found a rhythm & now I need to learn how to incorporate it into a family setting. 

2. I survived my first dining out experience. I knew once we picked B up from the airport he'd be ready to eat. Our favorite place in the world is On The Border & sure enough, that's where we went. But I went in prepared. I ate my dinner BEFORE getting B & didn't have to worry about finding compliant food. (Because I looked online & there's only two options - guacamole or a dry salad. No thanks, I'll save my money & eat at home.) But there were chips & salsa & queso staring me in the face & I resisted. I didn't even touch a single chip! I got a little emotional as we pulled into the parking lot, just sad I couldn't partake. But I had to remind myself it was just food. I had already eaten, I was satisfied, & I could do this. And I did! I left proud. But I'll be honest, I really wanted those chips & salsa! And a bite of B's cheese enchilada. Sigh....

And that was it! I did it! On today 6! 

Sweet Boy made it home!! WooHoo!!!!!!


Breakfast
Another repeat. I just really love this breakfast. I know I'll get sick of it eventually. But for now it's working. 
Spinach and tomato frittata, compliant bacon, avocado, berries and banana. 

Lunch
This lunch was a flop. I needed to use some veggies and I had half of the sweet potato from last night leftover. I chopped up some compliant chicken sausage and sautéed it all together and something was off. It was a texture thing today. I ate enough of it, but it was a letdown. 

Dinner
Since I knew B would be eating out when he got home, I played it safe and ate dinner before we left. I didn't want to pull down anything out of freezer, so I just used eggs and compliant bacon as my protein and had breakfast for dinner. With carrots. Ha!
Scrambled eggs, avocado, compliant bacon, carrot sticks, and an apple.

And, finally, just to remember the temptation I faced tonight and conquered. But, man, it was hard. 

How I am feeling...
Mentally: Struggling. Very worried about this weekend. Very worried about how to incorporate this into our normal routine. I don't want to make my family sacrifice for me.
Physically: I feel really good. Really good.
Cravings: I smelled a maple long john (donut) while washing dishes today. I have no idea where that smell came from, but it was heavenly! And of course, On The Border -- chips, salsa, queso and Monterrey Chicken Fajitas.

(Post says Saturday, February 28, 2015. I posted after midnight. This was for Friday, 2-27-15.)


No comments:

Post a Comment