Wednesday, February 25, 2015

W30:Day3

Today was another snow day and because the headache and nausea was gone, I had a little extra pep in my step. I branched out and made two new W30 compliant recipes and loved them both! Score! I also started digging into my book and oh my. I can already tell you why I've been struggling with this issue my entire life. And like the book says, it all starts with food. Wow. I'm blown away and barely made a dint in the book!

Cooking is therapeutic. I found out today that when I cook something and it's delicious AND life-giving, it's even extra rewarding! WooHoo!

The beginnings of a spinach and tomato frittata.

Oh my was this tasty. And I wasn't even sure I'd like the cooked spinach and tomatoes! 

Breakfast
Spinach and tomato frittata, avocado, compliant bacon, and berries

Afternoon reading

Snow day chilling - They're eating not so compliant W30 food and I'm reading my book. Ha! I've got some work to do in this family! 

Lunch
Mixed greens salad, boiled egg, grilled chicken, lemon juice and olive oil for dressing, carrots and not shown are some clementines and walnuts.

And then I went and got all chefy for dinner. Okay, maybe not. But I had no clue what I was doing and just based stuff off of what I'd seen online and came up with this concoction (and I'm, by nature, a recipe follower. So this was stepping out of the box!)

Dinner
Sweet potato and ground beef hash served over sautéed green beans. And not shown, an apple. 
(It tasted better than it looks. Ha!)

How I'm feeling...
Mentally: Very good! I think just not having a pounding headache today helped a lot. And trying two new things that I ended up really enjoyed was a plus, too. 
Physically: Very good! I noticed today I wasn't as groggy in the afternoon as I usually am. Could be because we've been pretty low key with the snow days, so I'll see how tomorrow goes. 
Craving: Nothing specific today. Again, I was satisfied with my food, that probably helped. Although those crunchy Cheetos are still staring me in the face!


No comments:

Post a Comment