Thursday, February 26, 2015

W30:Day4

Oh, Day 4, how I have been dreading this day. From the people I have talked to, to the timeline on the Whole30 website, Day 4 seemed to be brutal. In the words of the timeline, it's the day you want to "kill all the things". Sounds encouraging, huh? Yikes! So when Day 2 about did me in, I could only imagine what Day 4 held. I woke up, felt great! But the timeline said I would. I'd feel great, most likely no headache and overall feel good and hopeful. That is, until you see someone and then for no reason at all you just want to "kill all the things". Terrifying!!! So when I woke up feeling like the timeline said, I was preparing myself for doom as the girls woke up. Nope. Nothing. Just a normal morning. And I wasn't famished either when I woke up like I can be sometimes. I just went about our morning (the first day back to school in a week, so it had potential to be an ugly morning) & kept waiting for it to hit me. It never did. Did you hear that?! I was defying the timeline and was THRILLED! 

Since the girls were back in school I had some major work to do around the house. Snow days are lazy, restful days for everyone and only minimal housework gets taken care of. Today had a long to-do list to slap me back into reality. Surely that would make me want to kill all the things? Nope. I buzzed around the house all day. And get this. As I was talking to my mom on the phone this morning, I was playing hopscotch on my kitchen tile! Say WHAT?! Since when do I hop around? But I was. I was telling her about the girls' night last night and hopping from tile to tile. I think I would call that ENERGY! All. From. Food. (And the lack of harmful food I normally eat.) Incredible.

Y'all. I've dreaded this day probably more than day one. I mean, I can be a yeller. So when I was expected to want to "kill all the things" I didn't know what would happen to me. Instead, I felt energized and satisfied. I really don't know how to explain it. (I sure hope tomorrow doesn't come back to bite me, but B comes home tomorrow night, so the anticipation of his return will defeat all the things I want to kill. Ha!) 

I spent a little of this afternoon continuing to read the book and the more I read the more my eyes are opened. From the way I already feel less than a week into it, to hardcore facts I'm reading that down right scare me, to the awesome news that any damage I have done internally to my body is highly reversible, I see a glimmer of hope. And it's so refreshing. Oh I still have things I'm trying not to freak out about (like how do I do this forever? How do I survive the weekends? How do I incorporate this into a family affair?), but for now I am focusing on one day at a time. And Day 4 was a good day.


Breakfast
Complete redo of yesterday & probably the tastiest breakfast I have ever had.
Leftover spinach and tomato frittata, avocado, compliant bacon, berries

Lunch
Sweet potato and ground beef hash leftovers mixed with sautéed broccoli. 
YUM!!!

For dinner I threw a sweet potato in the oven, chopped up a medley of veggies I had, and pulled out the last of the chicken I had cooked earlier in the week. And it turned into a feast! I swear the food grew! Lol! Look at it!!



Dinner
Sauteed veggie medley, chicken, baked sweet potato
(I couldn't finish this dinner. Saved half of the potato for lunch tomorrow.)

How I am feeling...
Mentally: Great! I survived day 4! But in the back of my mind I am becoming consumed with the weekend and trying to figure out how to survive. And also really wondering if this is working/will work. (Despite how I feel, I'm still a visual person & I am anxious for results. Must be patient & focus on overall health.)
Physically: Great! I've been satisfied with my food. It has held me over from one meal to the next. I haven't been starving in-between and dying to cheat on a bad snack. 
Craving: Nothing just yet. So weird. I would've thought I'd be craving everything under the sun. I'm sure that day will come, but for now I'm content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment