Tuesday, February 24, 2015

W30:Day2

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I felt okay physically. Sure there was some nagging emptiness going on, but nothing painful. Today? A completely different story! 

We had another snow day, and after staying up late to talk with B once he landed in Paris, I happily made sure my alarm was turned off. I was looking forward to sleeping in on a school day. (That never gets old no matter the age!) My body had a different idea though! I was awaken at promptly 6am to a pounding head. I remember thinking "Oh no, is it already happening and my body is mad at me?!". I was so thankful to have the ability to keep sleeping, hoping I could sleep it off. I tossed and turned and the pounding just wouldn't let me get comfortable. Finally I dozed back off, but when I woke back up at 8, it was just as intense. I hopped out of bed, went to the kitchen and grabbed some grapes and a banana. The plan was to get a little something on my stomach, take some ibuprofen, and make a real breakfast when I felt better.




Well, let's just say this wasn't the last time I saw these fruits. Nausea sat in not long after I ate them and they didn't stay in my system long. I don't know if I caught a little bug or what, but my body wasn't happy this morning. And the headache is still lingering. Luckily the nausea started to wear off by this evening. But man! Day two kicked my booty!

B called while I was still resting in bed with a cold washcloth on my head. He didn't know I was feeling yucky, so bless him, this is what he had to see when he FaceTimed me. I captured his face perfectly when I told him I had thrown up twice. Ha!! 


Around noon I thought I should try to eat some protein and heated up some chicken I had cooked yesterday. I also got my new book in the mail and considered it a happy mail day. Unfortunately the throbbing head kept me from digging into the book like I wanted, but maybe tomorrow!





I had little to no appetite today, but made sure I ate a little here and there. I thoroughly enjoyed this snack of clementines and walnuts! What is it about fresh, cold fruit that tastes so delicious when you feel yucky?! It hit the spot!


Dinner was super simple. No desire to cook anything new and the head was still pounding. So a quick salad with chicken and an apple and almond butter.



I will say this, as much as I hate this pounding head, nausea, and yucky stuff, it did help me not worry about food today. So that was a plus! I definitely didn't feel deprived of anything today because I was basically forcing myself to eat. Ha!

Now tomorrow? It's kind of worrying me. I hear I'll be hitting a wall soon, especially days 4-5. But day two is done! And I'm glad to see it leave. Don't know if any of what I dealt with was Whole30 related, but hopefully after a good night's rest, I'll be ready to conquer day three. 

How I'm feeling...
Mentally: Worried about tomorrow, but thankful I wasn't faced with many struggles today since I felt bleh.
Physically: Like a hammer hasn't stopped hitting my head since I woke up. Nausea was annoying, glad it seems to have left.
Craving: Nothing today. Except I did want ketchup with my chicken this afternoon. Of all things?! Haha! And I really wished my almond butter was peanut butter, but peanuts are a no-no on W30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment