Wednesday, March 4, 2015

W30:Day 10

So. Today has been a roller coaster. First I have a confession... One rule in Whole 30 is no scales. No weighing until it's over. Well, I cheated & stepped on the scale this morning. I needed a visual to back up how I've been feeling. I needed to see if this was working. So I weighed. And I'm down 10.7lbs. I was thrilled. And I put the scale up & won't get it back out. 

Second, it's nasty outside. It's currently been sleeting for fours hours (after raining all day) & turning over to snow soon. I normally have yummy comfort meals & desserts & snacks for us, but I can't do that today. I want to make creamy chicken & noodles with some hot bread & butter & then whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. But I can't. And that makes me sad. 

In fact, I knew I couldn't cook comfort food for my family, so today I went to the grocery store -- twice! -- & got them some of their favorite junk food. What in the world?! See my attachment to food? 

So now it's 8 o'clock & I'm feeling pretty down. Down because I can't eat comfort food. I can't cook comfort food. I can't show love to my family through food. So I quietly cry while I type this & try to remember the excitement I had this morning. 

You see, I weighed this morning because the timeline says Days10-11 are days people want to quit. I didn't feel like that this morning. So as a precursor I weighed, hoping it'd keep me motivated. And it did. But as the day went on & the weather worsened, I quickly forgot that rush I got when I stepped on the scale. I've gone from a high to a low in a matter of hours. And all because I can't eat food I want. That's pathetic. And possibly more motivation to keep going, because obviously it has a serious hold on me. 

Anyway, that's where I am tonight. Battling my mind. 

On to the food...

Breakfast


Lunch:


Dinner:


How I am feeling...
Mentally: Pretty low
Physically: Tired
Craving: Comfort food



1 comment:

  1. I was doing WW once in the midst of a giant snow storm. It was terrible. Terrible! I'm sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete