Thursday, March 12, 2015

W30:Day 17&18

Oops! Have some catching up to do. Here's what I'm realizing. When I'm ready for bed, I'm CRASHING. I barely lay my head on my pillow & I'm OUT. And I don't move or wake up until my alarm goes off. Deep sleep all night long & it's wonderful. Last night I crawled into bed & within seconds was dozing off. I remembered I needed to blog but was already too gone. Ha! Whole 30 sleep is amazing. Seriously. Try it just for the sleep. 

On to food!

Day 17

Breakfast

Lunch
Leftover mayo-less chicken salad. Oh. And I had an apple.

Dinner
JalapeƱo chicken burger, potatoes, asparagus 

Day 18

Breakfast 
I prefer my frittata on the crunchy side. Ha! The toaster oven makes heating it up each day super yummy. 

Lunch
So. Stinking. Good. I devoured this today. 

Dinner
Italian night!! Delicious! Homemade meatballs & marinara sauce on spaghetti squash.  

Ok. The meatballs & marinara rocked my W30 world. So. Good. And thanks to my friend Misty I FINALLY managed to cook spaghetti squash right. Oven at 375, drizzle of olive oil in the pan, squash flesh side down, 40 minutes. Perfection. Not soggy like the previous three times I've tried to cook it. Ha! 


And that's it. I'm finishing this up in bed & I'm already fading. My eyes are super heavy. And it's only 10 o'clock. Haha! 

Oh wait! Run clinic was tonight. We did 2.5 miles in the rain. I really love running in the rain! I'm gonna be so sad when it's sunny & hot. I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's cloudy, rainy run! 

Pre-run selfie. In B's old OU hat because I don't have proper running gear. It worked! ;) 

How I am feeling:
Mentally: Today was good. It really helps when the food is emotionally satisfying. I know it shouldn't be that way, but when I thoroughly enjoy every meal instead of just being "ehh" about it, it makes things so much better. And makes me think I can do this!
Physically: Great! Is it sleep time yet?! ;) 
Craving: Ok. This is weird. I'm not having deep, hard cravings like I thought I would. I thought I'd be dying for pizza or something, but the past couple days it's just been weird random things that hit me. Today? Easter sixlets & my ARBFF Anne's cheesecake. Again, I'm satisfied, so I guess that's helping things? Obviously I'm still wanting sugar! Haha!




No comments:

Post a Comment