Saturday, March 7, 2015

W30:Day 12

I've really become aware of all the "BLTs" I used to take while cooking & prepping food. Back in my Weight Watchers days we learned to count every BLT in our daily points. Every single bite, lick, or taste of food had a point value & it needed to be tracked. Well, now I finally understand why. 

I'm amazed at how often I go to grab a chip off the girls plate, or that cheesy part of the pizza that fell off into the pan, or take a drink of B's soda, and so on. Every day it's a struggle not to just take a bite, lick, or taste purely out of habit. But man. No wonder I've always struggled with weight! All those BLTs do add up I'm seeing. Man! Twelve years after learning of those pesky things and I'm finally getting it. I guess I'm a slow learner. ;) 

Today was another snow day & we were able to go watch one of my sweet girls play basketball in the SEC tournament. The game started at noon & I knew I needed to be prepared if I was going to be successful. It wasn't a typical day, but I'm happy to say I survived it!





Before the game I made sure to fuel up on my breakfast. I did not want to get to a basketball game & immediately be tempted by the smell of the confession stand. I did see some nachos & had they had jalepenos on them I might've ripped them out of the strangers hand and devoured them. ;) 

Breakfast

Since the game was at noon, it put lunch at an odd time. In fact, I didn't really eat lunch. I took almonds & clementines to the game, but didn't eat them. By the time I got home & picked things up around the house, it was almost 4:30 & B was headed home. So I ate a handful of almonds & sat down for a light snack with B when he got home. 

"Lunch"
He grabbed chips & cheese dip & I grabbed three slices of turkey. I look real excited. Ha! But really, that turkey is amazing. I just wanted cheese to go with it. ;) 

Since we'd had an exciting afternoon we hung out at home for the evening. B won fandad of the year when he came home with Mockingjay on DVD. So pizza & movie night it was! Well, pizza for the family, W30 friendly food for me. 

Dinner
Leftover enchilada bake on a bed of spinach, sautéed broccoli & green beans, carrot sticks, & an apple not shown. It was surprisingly tasty! And I was very satisfied. 

But let's keep it real, shall we? I wanted to bury my face in this pizza! 


Another Friday night conquered! Now to survive the weekend! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

How I am feeling...
Mentally: I think I'm feeling better. Still overwhelmed if I think too much. So I'm trying to stay focused on the present. 
Physically: I feel so good. 
Craving: Nachos, pizza, chocolate chip cookies 

No comments:

Post a Comment