Monday, March 16, 2015

W30:Day 20&21

It's amazing what a couple of weeks can do! I started this journey absolutely terrified of weekends. And while Friday night started off rough, the rest of the weekend was perfect. With time & preparation, I'm realizing I can do this. Does it mean I don't want pizza or chips & salsa anymore? No way! I'll always crave those things. But there is success & satisfaction found in things other than a greasy meal. 

Saturday

Saturday morning I woke up & decided to go try a high intensity water class my sweet friend teaches. I've done water exercises in the past & loved it, so I knew I would enjoy this class. It was just facing the fear of going that first time. It's in our towns community center & big fitness places like that intimidate me. Will people stare at me because of my size? Will I be able to handle the exercises? Will I be alone? Yada, yada, yada. But knowing my friend & the encouragement she's given me, I knew I would be fine. I chose faith over fear & braved going to the class. And I'm so glad I did. I LOVED IT! I wish all exercise was that fun!


I can home & fixed my breakfast (I ate a handful of almonds before I went. I'm still trying to figure out pre/post-workout food. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how to workout! Ha!)


After eating & showering we got around & needed to run some errands & grab a few needed items in Little Rock. I went prepared & packed a lunchbox of goodies I knew I could eat. Carrot slices, an apple, turkey slices & almonds. Preparation is key! 

We left the house around noon & the rest of the family hadn't eaten anything & wanted our fave OTB. I've gone there with them twice while on W30 & sat there & not eaten a thing. Not this time. I had eaten a couple hours earlier so I ordered some grilled veggies & a side of guacamole. And stole a piece of the girls' fajita chicken! It was delicious & I was able to eat with my family. Just not the chips & salsa. :/


Since the girls & I are in the run clinic, the leaders highly recommend you do some training on your own on Saturday. It was a cloudy, drizzly day & B encouraged us to pack our shoes & clothes so we could run at this park in Little Rock. So before we left to head back home we changed into our running gear & took off!

B was awesome! He set a timer on his phone and we did a run/walk interval for 45 min. Thirteen rounds of 2:45walk & a :45run. Oh! And even though he hasn't ran in forever, he participated. And that guy is FAST! I was blown away! Now, he's a little sore today, but I was all kinds of impressed. Me? I'm slow. But I'm trying. 





Once back to the car I knew I needed to eat. 1. Always need a post workout snack. And 2. I didn't have a true lunch & needed something. So I grabbed my carrot slices & two slices of turkey from the lunchbox I packed. Yay for being prepared! 

We stopped at Fresh Market & Whole Foods for groceries before heading home & man, what a day!! I heated up some spaghetti squash & meatballs, took a shower & went to bed to relax & watch a movie with B. 


It was a good day. 

Sunday

Another great day! Church, good food choices, rest & even a little exercise. 

Breakfast

After breakfast I went to finish getting ready for church & grabbed a shirt that had gotten a wee bit too tight (ok, a lot too tight). Y'all. I slipped it right on & it FIT! I love this shirt because it has a fun cape in the back & I was so excited to get my cape shirt back! Yay for a non scale victory!


Lunch
Oh boy was I excited about this! I put the roast, potatoes, & carrots in the crock pot & when we got home from church it was ready for us. A compliant meal we could eat as a family. I made myself some broccoli so I could have some greens. So good! And there's leftovers! Yummy!

I'll be honest though. When I pulled these out of the oven for B & the girls, I about died. These rolls smelled heavenly. 

After a two hour nap we got busy & put Christmas (& fall decor!) back into the attic & went to the town pond that has a walking track & did a few laps before the sun started setting & then headed home for dinner.


Dinner
After the big lunch, I wasn't crazy hungry. Turkey, apple & almond butter for the win. 

Wow. Busy, productive weekend. I only have one more weekend left of my first W30 adventure! WooHoo!! The end is near! 

How I am feeling...
Mentally: I feel strong today. The success of this weekend was just what my mind needed. To prove I can do it. 
Physically: Great! Feeling stronger already!
Craving: I woke up from my nap with a STRONG craving for chocolate chip cookies. Oh man. The dough, fresh out of the oven...I want a dozen of them right now!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment