Sunday, March 8, 2015

W30:Day 14

Another weekend is behind us & I'm happy to say I survived! Can I get a Woot,woot?! 

After church this morning we planned to drive an hour and a half to meet one of my sweet college girls & her family for lunch & then on to look at her wedding site. I also managed to grab the maid of honor & we surprised the bride & it was just lots of fun! 

I knew I needed to fuel up for the day, so I choked down some eggs this morning. I'm not much of a scrambled eggs person, but I managed. 

Breakfast

Then it was down the road & headed to meet the bride & groom -- at Cracker Barrel!! Eek! Oh the temptation!

Gimme those rolls with lots of butter! 

I resisted & ordered the best, most compliant meal I could. I was even "that customer" & asked how things were prepared, please leave off the butter & cinnamon-sugar, etc...

Lunch

It was really good & totally worth it to see these faces! 



The day went on & we had errands to run in Little Rock on the way home & the next thing you know it was dinner time. B wanted OTB, but offered other possibly more compliant places, but I wasn't so sure about eating out twice in one day. (Umm...what?! I used to live for that!) I tried to order something at OTB, being "that customer" again, but I didn't feel right about it. So I sat at OTB again and didn't eat a morsel. It wasn't as bad tonight, but still not fun or easy. 

By the time we got home & things settled down, I wasn't up for a big meal. So turkey slices at 9:30 it was! Hey, not ideal, but it'll just have to work. 

Dinner

I'm proud I made it through the day. I found a way to navigate through life outside the comfort of my own house. I know that will always be a process & something I'll constantly be working on if I want to be successful. 

On another, more positive note, I had three people mention to me they see a change in my physical appearance. Already on day 14! That's just craziness to me because I do not see it at all. But I'm definitely not going to argue with anyone! I'll just keep pressing on!

How I am feeling...
Mentally: Much better today. Thankful to have survived. Hopeful after hearing positive feedback. 
Physically: Really good!
Craving: OTB chips, salsa, & queso, Monterey ranch chicken fajitas, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. And I'll take a coke while I'm at it. ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment