Monday, March 9, 2015

W30:Day 15

Did you catch that title? Day 15!!!! That is the halfway point!! Oh. My. Gosh. I might survive. No, I WILL survive!! I can't think long term right now or I'll have a panic attack. But for now I'll celebrate the halfway point of this first milestone. So yay for sticking with it this long! It has not been easy, but I'm so glad I'm doing this. 

On day 1 I took "before" pictures. (Some I'll share & some for my eyes only. Ha!) I was telling a friend tonight I don't know how many rounds of before pics I have taken. She is confident this will be the last before pic I take. I hope she's right! As much as I hated doing it, I knew I would want them down the road. I'm a visual person, remember? Today I took halfway pics because to just look in the mirror I can't see a change. But when I compared the pictures today, I can see that things are beginning to change. That's encouraging!

Same shirt. Same jeans. I bought this shirt months ago on clearance, hoping it'd fit. Obviously it didn't. I thought "I'll get into by Christmas." That didn't happen so I hoped for Valentines Day. Nope. But now it is getting close. Maybe by the end of this first 30 days?! 

Up until now I have been soley focusing on food. I haven't tried to overwhelm myself with food choices & an exercise routine. But tonight was the first official night of running at the run clinic & hopefully I can develop a rhythm in exercising to add to the new food habits. 

It was a rainy, cold mess out there tonight. But with these ladies it was fun!! This is the beginner runner group A & our routine tonight was walk three minutes, run 30 seconds for a total of 2.77miles. Very doable, yet also noticed, umm, I'm all kinds of out of shape. :/

The girls have a good friend in our group & I love this action shot she took. Running with friends makes things more fun. 

I'm excited to see more changes in the next 15 days, both mentally & physically. Sure I came home from run clinic cravings carbs (hot sourdough bread & butter, PLEASE!) & cheese (a grilled cheese sounds DELISH!), but I stayed focused. Ready for tomorrow & begin the downhill slide of this first Whole30 adventure. 

On to the food! (I haven't been to the store this week & I've been getting creative. Used the last of a few things, so a trip to restock is coming soon. I hope to find some new recipes to try out. 

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

How I am feeling...
Mentally: Better today. But ONLY if I focus on the task at hand. If I think too far ahead of me or how much work I have to do, I get defeated fast. 
Physically: Really good. Appetite is back, no headaches, sleeping well. I was a little tired today, but that could be thanks to the time change too. Feels great to have gotten out & used my body tonight. 
Craving: Carbs & cheese. And French fries from Big Orange with Bob sauce. And cheesecake because B is in San Antonio & ate at the Cheesecake Factory & I could definitely put away a slice banana cheesecake right now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment