Monday, March 2, 2015

W30:Day 8

I can't believe I'm already a week into this! I'm excited for some new recipes I have planned now that B is home & can try things with me. He's a good sport!

Speaking of sports...

The girls & I are signed up for a Women Can Run clinic & tonight was the kickoff. I participated a couple years ago, but they were too young join. Now that they're older they're tagging along & I think it'll be great! We are training over the next 10 weeks for a 5K & I'm really looking forward to this time. 
Group pic! 
Look at them rocking the running gear!! 

Silly girls!

Thank you, Lord, for the ability to move. May our feet always be walking in line with you. 

On to the food for the day! 

Breakfast
My usual -- fritatta, avocado, compliant bacon, strawberries -- and I love it. I had a late start to it today & ate it at 10:30. It was 4 o'clock when I realized I hadn't eaten since then & needed to! That breakfast is tasty AND filling! (Oh, and a small glass of unsweetened tea because I thought I felt a headache. It must've worked because I was good the rest of the day!)

Lunch
Super late "lunch", but needed something to eat before run clinic. Salad, carrots, & turkey slices. 

Dinner
It was taco night! I made a homemade taco seasoning (why did I ever buy the packets?!) & B whipped up the taco meat as we were coming home from the clinic. Lettuce for the shells, avocado slices, & fresh pico de gallo. So simple. So refreshing. So delicious!

How I am feeling...
Mentally: So. Good. After having a successful weekend & not having a Monday full of regret like I normally do, I definitely feel good. 
Physically: Great! I'm amazed how filling the food is & how it really sustains me without needing snacks. So cool!
Craving: Well yesterday I wanted a McDonald's French fry. But today has been okay. Although, the girls had a hot pocket after school & it smelled so good. Which is weird because I hate hot pockets. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment